1.16.2006

Standing on the Brink

As I sit here, hashing away at the peripheral that others may know as a keyboard, I am thrown into the place that I visit at least 14.56 times a day, which I affectionately refer to as the "reflective zone". Being that mini-semester is over and the regular semester classes haven't officially started yet (that happens in another 5 minutes...) I am sitting here, listening to Great Big Sea, with a really interesting feeling that I haven't experienced in a while.

Let me give some background...

Over the last week, I've had a friend stay at my house (and he leaves today....*sigh*) and we've been gaming it up, talking it up and we've also done the movie thing (well, he's done the movie thing; every time I tried to watch one with him, all three attempts, I fell asleep). Anyways, having him over has been a great way to avoid the usual stress that accompanies mini-semester that I usually call down upon myself. It forced me to focus harder on the work that was absolutely necessary and to stop worrying about what wasn't. It was a great week and as all good things do, it must come to an end.

Oh well.

So I'm sitting here at my workstation, in the otherworldly state of being that has been referred to as "the twilight zone" (yes, I know that I said I was in "the reflective zone" before, but hey, the two can coexist) and listening to Great Big Sea. It's almost like I'm standing on a cliff, about to jump into the chaos that is second semester, knowing that whatever happens next will be one for the ages. But I am not, my faithful reader, just standing helplessly gazing into the deep. I know that there have been many others that have leapt before me, leaving behind who they were in exchange for who they have become - being better for the bargain.

So, here I am dancing on the cliff, waiting for my turn to take the plunge. That's right; I, theDING am on the cliff of second semester, dancing my heart out. Whatever may come has full rights to hit me in the face when I make contact with the water, but right now, I am the winner by default.

But as I close off this post, I am picking up my backpack (literally) and (figuratively) making the jump, knowing that I'm off on another adventure, flanked by my community, my friends and having full confidence in a God that goes before me, behind me, above me, below me, to my left and to my right.

*sigh*

*reaches for backpack*

1 Comments:

At January 16, 2006, Blogger doxasky said...

refelctive/twilight zone...good...intriguing. may the cloud and the pillar of fire be your guide.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home