3.13.2006

Ranch Reflections

*I am writing this warning after I have penned the following...this is all original stuff from today, even if some of you recognize it from other sources or my previous work.*

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

I was sittin' around the other day and I realized that I've left all of my faithful readers (although there's probably only about two or twenty of them) high and dry with absolutely no content to consider or be amazed at.

And as I stood up, I said to those that were within earshot, "That's going to change" (or something like that).

So here I am, sitting at the keyboard, pecking away, not having anything in particular to write about except for the fact that I know that I have to write something and I just can't quite figure out what.




Thinking...please wait...




I just don't get it, how is it possible that I can go on so long about the fact that I can go on so long and say absolutely nothing at all? I mean seriously, what is all of this coming to? I guess I've just lost my groove, fell out of my jive.

I'm stuck!

I mean, who can honestly fill up space and say so much about nothing? The only people that I can think of that have ever done that are Canadian politicians and William Shakespeare.

Ah yes, good ol' Willie...

If you're not quite sure about what I'm getting at when I say that William Shakespeare (who is regarded by many to be one of, if not the, greatest English writers ever...and don't give me the malarky that they're trying to dig up now of trying to say that William Shakespeare didn't actually write that stuff! I don't quite buy all that and they haven't given me any horribly compelling proof yet. I'm more than willing to accept the idea that we may never have a really good idea of who the guy was) has said a lot about nothing, he wrote a play about it called Much Ado About Nothing. I've never really read the play, nor seen it, but I have it on my list of things to do eventually. Apparently, according to the person that is sitting beside me, recalling some of the facts for herself and looking for some of the details on the Internet, the play is "really good" and yet another love story that the Bard has written to pass the time for all those who were willing to watch.

That's an amazing way to make something out of nothing.

Or is nothing really something? What can we honestly call nothing if not for the fact that there is obviously something to it? Is nothing something or is everything that we have around us nothing at all? Is the vicious road between nothing and something a one way street, or is it simply a one-way trip that will end in a massive existential oxymoron than will result in the mental and philisophical equivalent of a 10 megaton bomb?

My friends, we may never know.

6 Comments:

At March 14, 2006, Blogger Craig said...

HA HA! You said oxymoron!! Oh Rotchford, is there any where you won't go? PSAs and pointless blogs, it never ends!

 
At March 14, 2006, Blogger Craig said...

Oh man I wrote oxymoron! I can't believe it!!

 
At March 14, 2006, Blogger Craig said...

I wrote it again! It never ends! It's like a spring of water, it just keeps coming!!

 
At March 14, 2006, Blogger Craig said...

I think next time you could contemplate the colour purple and why it is so significant!

 
At March 14, 2006, Blogger Craig said...

Comment! Comment! Comment!! Blah blah blah!!

 
At March 15, 2006, Blogger Greg Roberts said...

I enjoy watching you think and process.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home