10.12.2005

Taking Things for Granted

I think I'm being taught a lesson today from the "man on high".

Never, ever take things for granted.

Cases in point:
1. When setting an alarm clock for 7:30 in the morning, one should really make sure that it is set for the morning...not the evening. Yeah, my alarm clock was unceremoniously set for 7:30 all right, 7:30 PM. This means that I missed community group.

2. Speaking of community group, that is why I woke up at 9:30. You see, one of the cooks phoned to see if someone from my community group was there. Thankfully, I co-lead a community group and it was assumed that we met at my house. Never taking that one for granted again...probably coulda slept until noon at the rate I was going.

3. Before class, I was shown a song and asked if I knew it. I said yes. At the end of said class, I was asked to lead it. I knew the tune, but they asked me to lead...oh, boy. After the first verse, I was asked to lower the key that I was signing in because it was too high. "Key?" What is this key you speak of? I sing in two keys; loud and not so loud - that's it! After finding someone that could sing in said mysterious muscial reference - they didn't know the tune of the song. So I led again...

4. Never assume that the keyboard is plugged into the computer! Coming to write this blog entry, I found that the keyboard was malfunctioning. I had just seen it used, though. I was about to reboot the computer (that usually kills a lot of malfunctions...) but I thought of checking the wires first. Thankfully, that was the problem.

I wonder what's coming up...

1 Comments:

At October 12, 2005, Blogger doxasky said...

So if one learns from the little things, will one be prepared to not take for granted the big things?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home