10.02.2005

Rationale

You're probably wondering where I came up with the title for my blog...so we'll start with some basic definitions and then I'll put them together to give you an idea of what I was thinking.

Belfry: A belfry is the portion of older churches where the church bell(s) were hung. People known as ringers would go up there to call people to worship or to signal to the town in a time of emergency.

Anomalous: Deviating from the norm; out of the ordinary.

The reason that I picked the term belfry to appear in the title was based on my name, theDING, because it has to do with a location where bells were kept. I added "anomalous" to put a spin on the normal appearance of a belfry.

When I envisioned the title, I saw an old church tower appearing through the thick morning mists among the green, rolling hills of Ireland. It had been built simply, yet in the sturdy fashon of the old style that has allowed the structure to stand for centuries. The sudden appearance of the belfry would give a weary traveller a small glimmer of hope that he would soon reach a place where rest, rejuvination and fellowship might be found.

It is the same thing that I hope to do with this blog. Over the course of time, I hope to be able to post things that are inspiring and others that will allow my friends to keep in touch with the goings on in my life.

2 Comments:

At October 03, 2005, Blogger rachel elizabeth said...

thanks for the explaination on the blog addy - I was wondering what it all meant to you. I knew what a blefry was but not the first word...lol....
thanks for expanding my vocab! Always appreciate it.

 
At October 03, 2005, Blogger doxasky said...

Very insightful. I look forward to reading more:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home